World Conflict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Admin & Mods.
Head Admin

Veronika Roussaeau

The Ravine RW8Fe

Co-Admins

Constantinople's Finest

The Ravine EkcVR

Isis Neferet

The Ravine PWMsy

The Referee

The Ravine AFLSh

Mods
N/A

The Ravine

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Ravine Empty The Ravine

Post by Evelyn Bell Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 pm

On the darker side of the mountains sits a deathly ravine situated between two tall rock faces high in the mountain. A river pours from one side and the river continuous off in both directions. The glacier waters are icy cold and isolated, only those most familiar with the mountains can find their way to its healing essence. It is a sacred ground for many among the snow race though they are not adverse to visitors witnessing its beauty. Along the ravine walls there are a series of steep deadly paths, traveling in all directions, a great deal of agility and athleticism is necessary to tread them. Along the edges of the pond lay few pines and shrubs only of varieties able to withstand the harshest of circumstances, the area is mostly rocky and jaded.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

The Ravine Empty Re: The Ravine

Post by Evelyn Bell Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm

There was a light sprinkle of rain which was usual around this time of year, not quite cold enough at this altitude for snow or hail. The waterfall crashed down over the rocks that had been there for centuries, smoothing and molding them, revealing hidden treasures inside the sparkled in the water, the pool's water was a misty blue and calm as it trailed away.

Evelyn carefully navigated her way down the rockface of the eastern side, her movement were thoughtful and elegant, slipping down the patch, hopping to one large boulder and finally to the edge of the pool. She spared only a moment to admire the beautiful water before kneeling and cupping it into her hands to sip from. This was one of the few areas where clean glacier water could be obtained. As she stayed at the edge of the pond, drinking handful after handful, thirsty from her travel, her mind wandered a bit, feeling safe in the ravine.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Viola stuck to the shadows, allowing the darkness to cling to her form. She was being careful to keep from the sunlight. She enjoyed the cool feeling of the sprinkling rain against her skin, but sadly while sticking to the darkness, it was blocked away by jutting rocks and such. She'd only catch a bit here or there.

Something had drawn the shadow here. It was almost like the time before with Isis. Though the call she was getting was much stronger than the call from the young elf she had felt before. She climbed up onto a rock that was closer to the cascading waterfall so that she was shaded and stared at what it was that had pulled her here. A female...that looked oddly familiar.

Viola continued to stare at the female as her one hand ran to fix her loosely fitting robe, smoothing the single shoulder before moving to the other side to fix the exposed strap of her black undergarment, the only thing that was keeping her chest from being revealed by the loose fitting over-fabric. She just couldn't figure out why she recognized the female. At least not until she got closer, but she couldn't really do that since it was still a bit too bright for her liking.
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Evelyn remained unaware for a while longer, remaining perched on the water's edge, resting her torso against her knobby knees as she watched the glistening waters. She removed her bow and set it beside her though she kept her right hand fisted around it's decorative grip. She gently lifted her other hand to release the ponytail her hair was in and rand her delicate piano fingers through her loose curls. She gently began to relax more and finally released her tight grip from her bow as she massaged her scalp for a moment.

She had originally only came to the ravine for a quick drink and moment to rest, but on further inspection she seemed to be in need of a bath as well. She had been trekking the through the mountains for a few odd days, enjoying the cold much more and found it more pleasing at higher altitudes. The light sprinkle of rain was also welcoming, it reminded her of snow.

She stood slowly and removed the light layer of fur around her waist first, she still had a light cloth skirt beneath it however. As she folded it and set the fur aside her bow she was beginning to notice she was not alone. She pretended to be petting the fur and looking busy as she sought out this visitor, her eyes traveled across the pool looking for the strangers blurry reflection. She quickly snapped back up, holding her bow drawn with the icy arrows made from the pool at the stranger. Silently she held her pose watching the other carefully.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Viola made a slight gasp of surprise as she now found an arrow aimed at her. She raised an eyebrow a moment before slowly reaching to her waist, her hand gripping onto the silver handle of her whip. She simply held it there a moment as she crouched down, seemingly disappearing into the shadows once more. Shadows were known for stealth, but if one had a keen eye then they could make out the outline of one.

She slowly crept forward as silently as she could, keeping her body low to the ground and her weight centered instead of leaned forward or back. She slowly uncoiled the whip that was attached to her waist and held tightly onto the handle as she called out, "Put the weapon down."

The shadow adjusted herself slightly so that she straightened back up some and moved more into the light so that she wasn't completely covered in darkness, but also not standing directly in any light. Her form could be seen more easily now, though it was almost like someone standing in the shade of the tree. "Seriously...put the weapon down. It'd be nice to keep things from coming to blows. Mostly because you have yourself a bow. I like death and all...but I'm not a fan of my own death, so...let's compromise."
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Evelyn frowned when she lost the other woman in the shadows but remained steadied and true, this wasn't the first time she'd seen the likes of this trickery. As the shadow spoke to her she tightened her grip and drew her arrow back further, her eyes carefully scanning the Ravine for any movement. As soon as the other stepped away from the shade she readjusted her aim but quickly noticed her whip.

Evelyn hesitated, analyzing the situation but finally lowered her aim and let the arrows splash back onto the rocks, wetting her sandaled feet. Her grip remained tight though in case of any sudden movements. Carefully Eve's eyes glanced over the woman's face, and though it had been centuries and many other faces had come and gone there was still something recognizable hidden in their features. As she studied her features she relaxed her grip.

"Do you make a habit of spying on bathers here?" she asked a bit snidely, mostly cautious and a bit troubled that she couldn't properly place the familiarity.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Viola watched cautiously until the arrow fell to the ground as water. She slowly coiled her whip back up and returned it to her belt, saying the next few words just loud enough for the female to hear, "Good girl." She grinned some in a moment of pride and took a step forward.

The shadow slowly moved out into the light, lifting an arm to cover her eyes as she did. She was glad that it was somewhat cloudy. If it hadn't been, she'd be specifically restricted to the darkness of shadows cast by the rocks around her. She slowly moved her arm away from her eyes as they adjusted.

Blinking a few times, Viola watched the female once more, scowling some. She recognized her...like someone she should know from a long time ago. The voice was more familiar than the looks and that just made her all the more curious. She had a bit of an idea, but she wasn't entirely certain so she decided to test things out some. "I was simply wandering around when I caught sight of you. It's not my fault you suddenly decided to bathe in a public place. But hey...if you want to put on a show, I wouldn't mind watching. I've certainly done enough of the showing myself."
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm

She remained rooted to where she stood watching the other approach her. Her grip on her bow relaxed more though and she finally put it around her torso, not that it would help in such close range anyways. She knew already that the woman was part of the shadow kind and knew they weren't very tolerant to the sun which made her curious as to why the woman seemed insistent on being out and about like this. 'Is it possible she recognizes me as well?' she thought to herself.

She gave a light scoff at her response. "Right, a show, I thought there was no one else here, it seems I was mistaken unfortunately, though I wouldn't really call this place public, it seems isolated enough," she finished, still trying to place her. "Which way are you headed? Just out for a stroll maybe or are you also traveling?". She carefully bent back down and lifted her fur covering and tied it around her waist again moving to set her small satchel near a few rocks and dig through it for something to eat.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Viola's eyebrows pulled together tightly as she continued to search her mind for a name to go with the face. It wasn't just her looks or her voice that made the female so familiar...She felt comfortable with her presence. She stared in what almost seemed like a harsh way before she finally blinked and took a few steps forward again, hissing slightly as a bit of concentrated light broke through the clouds and shined on her face. She immediately shied away from it, taking back the progress she had made forward as she retreated back into the shadows.

From the darkness she watched the female and said lightly, "Is this not a public place to anyone who might reach it? I do not see where this land has been claimed by anyone." She was silent a moment before questioning, "Isolated enough? Do you suppose that perhaps that's what a prostitute might say about a back alleyway? Then again...I'm sure you know nothing of that." She paced around in the shadows some, "I'm just wandering about. I have no place to call a home."
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 pm

She watched her retreat and wasn't all that surprised, the rain had began to disappear and the sun reappearing. She found a bit of dried meat warpped in paper and chewed off a bit before looking over and raising a while of ice but then breaking it carefully to become a wall of compact snow to create a large shadow for the other to use, she wanted her closer to study her more. She continued to chew the meat now taking a seat on a boulder not feeling that she was very much of a threat.

"Right, prostitute..." she paused letting her words fade a bit but her eyes returned to her suspiciously. Something was so familiar about that build, about those eyes, it's almost like she already understood everything about this stranger which led to a flash of memories that made her blush a little. She took in a swift breath of cold air as memory after memory returned to her, the haziness of every moment clearing from her foggy mind as she stared at the woman. 'No way this is crazy, it can't be...'.

Gracefully she stood and took a few more steps closer, scrutinizing her with her eyes, "Ti chiami Viola?" she asked in Italian, not wanting to look crazy if she was mistaken. She couldn't believe it, she didn't want to. It had been so many centuries and she'd buried those problems and feelings long ago, she didn't know if she was ready to uncover them all over again. At least not so suddenly and without warning.

(Translation: Is your name Viola?)
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Viola quietly watched as the shade grew thanks to the wall that the female had made. She hesitated a moment before slowly taking a single step out, hesitating a bit more and then finally proceeding forward. She stopped and placed her hands on her hips, tilting her head to the side some as her eyes scanned the female up and down. She was looking closely from a distance.

She blinked in shock at the female's words. She didn't respond for a bit. It had been a while since she'd spoken Italian, so while she didn't have trouble understanding, she had trouble formulating words. "Tu mi conosci?" She was silent a moment, thinking about what she had previously said that might have triggered the female to recognize her. That's when it hit her.

She stared silently, her lips parted slightly. This woman knew more about prostitutes than Viola had previously believed. "...Evelyn....?" She went to take another step forward but stopped herself, taking a step back and turning her head away as she shut her eyes tightly, her fists clenching. "Tornare a casa, Evelyn. Sei sposato."

(Translations: You know me? Go home, Evelyn. You're married.)
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:36 am

Evelyn was thrown into a whirlwind as Viola replied, this was Viola, her Viola. 'No,' she stopped herself, this wasn't her Viola anymore. This was just Viola, but still should could not stop the overwhelming memories and emotions that ever took her for a few seconds until she finally got her head out of the clouds and sorted her thoughts correctly. It had been so many years, so many things had changed, for the the both of them. Still she was happy to see someone she recognized.

However, her hopes dropped as soon as she was denied and Viola told her to leave, stepping away from her. She was thrown off a bit at what she said. Married? But then those memories too came rushing back and she was met by guilt and shame. "No, Viola, I'm not. Didn't you ever... hear? I guess you were banished before you ever found out, explains why I never found you..." her voice was wistful and full of melancholy. Still she wanted to remain calm and sincere, crossing her arms she looked back at her, not letting her emotion get the better of her again. "So... if you didn't come looking for me again... what were you up to?"
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

Viola opened her eyes slowly. She could feel some tears building in her eyes. Realizing that they would betray the uncaring demeanor she was attempting to display she gave her head a quick shake and slowed her breathing, reaching a hand up to brush her fingers through her hair. She turned her head back and looked Evelyn directly in the eyes as she spoke. "No, I didn't hear anything. Because I left. I wasn't around for them to banish me. I left by my own choice."

The shadow's eyebrows pulled together for a moment at Evelyn's next words and then her face slowly relaxed. "I don't think you get it. When a woman is married...She's lost. What would have happened to you if I had found you then? Did you ever think of that? When something's lost...what's the point in looking for it? Besides...My hands were a little full. I had things to do...You know, wars to cause, men to put in place. Important things." She crossed her arms for a moment and glanced away, "What were you doing?"
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

What Viola said next threw her for a loop and sent her into a myriad of emotions mixed with confusion and rage. Lost? What in the world was that supposed to mean? She took another step back, her arms still crossed tightly at her chest, guarding herself from Viola now giving a low, heartless laugh. "Oh yes, sorry, didn't realized that made me some sort of damaged goods. But you would know all about that wouldn't you? You fucked plenty of married women." She grabbed her satchel finally and set it over her shoulder.

She was wishing this occurrence had never happened, why here and why now? She had gotten over this entire thing a long time ago. Shaking her head and touching her temple she sighed and took a deep breath. Evelyn already was well aware of Viola's interests and desire for war and understood her drive, she felt no need to question it's importance. "Nothing," she finally answered and looked around the Ravine wondering where she should leave. "I've just been wandering, sort of a nomad I guess. After my marriage... ended... I left. I've mostly spent a majority of my time training and fining my style," she finished biting her lip.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Viola blinked some at the slap from Evelyn. If anyone else had said it, she'd have laughed it off and taught them a lesson...but for some reason her heart felt like it was breaking in her chest. 'What's wrong with me...? Why do I care? I'm only a shadow...We don't have feelings like that.' She bit her lip a moment before allowing her emotions to burst out. She looked back to Evelyn and raised her voice some, "Because I didn't care about them! I didn't care if they were found out and were beaten! You know that there were people keeping a close eye on both me and you...There was no chance that anything could continue. I left to keep myself from causing you any beatings!" She cut herself off and turned her head away once more, taking in a deep breath as she swallowed.

She was silent a moment. All the emotion had left her face and it was cold as stone and her eyes showed a slight darkness as she looked back to Evelyn. "You're right. I would know all about that. I've had a colorful past of sex and murder...and now you're a part of that past." She quickly turned on her heel and glanced over her shoulder, shooting a slight glare. "I have a job to do." She turned her face forward as it shattered and her eyes started to tear up and she slowly started to walk forward.
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

She shook her head, her angry eyes heavy on the lake, chewing her bottom lip. The last bit stung a little, it made her feel as if Viola had forgotten her and didn't care at all. "What? You'd rather had me resign to a cruel abusive marriage than to have taken me with you?" She spat in response at Viola's turned back. "It was like you'd left me there to die, and I just might have if I'd stayed with him." She was tired and this was only making her angrier. She didn't want to fight, she didn't want to become so emotional, she'd put this all behind her before and didn't need it resurfacing.

The clouds had cleared away but the sun was setting, leaving the entire ravine in shade. Evelyn let the wall dissipate back into the water and stood there for a moment more watching Viola. This isn't how she wanted it to be. It wasn't as if she expected them to embrace and return to where they had left off. She figured Viola had gotten over her, she had always just assumed that all she was, was sex to Viola. But she didn't want her possibly last memory of her to be so shattered.

"Viola," she began softly after a long moment of silence. "I don't know if I ever was anything to you, but I'm really sorry for any burden or hardships I have ever caused you," she said quietly and waited a moment more for a possible response but assumed Viola would just leave.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Viola stopped walking at Evelyn's words. She reached a hand up to wipe the tears from her eyes quickly before turning and shouting, "I didn't know! How should I have known what your marriage would have been like...? I can't tell the future like The Morrigan could! I was useless to you! Still am!" She quieted down and said softly, "I didn't leave you to die...That's not what I meant to do..." She slowly shook her head, falling silent.

She was glad that the darkness was coming. She was growing more comfortable and didn't have to stick to the shade that the rocks created. She was glad because at least she could be comfortable about one thing. The current issues that she was facing were making her rather uncomfortable though. She didn't know exactly how to deal with it. She had to admit emotions, not only to Evelyn, but to herself.

She hesitated a moment before saying softly once more, "Just so you know...I left because I felt like I would die." She looked away and repeated, "Just so you know."
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:35 pm

She kept her voice calm and her head steady, she wasn't going to put the blame on Viola, it wasn't Viola's fault that any of that happened anyways. Sighing she nodded, "I never wanted to be in that marriage though, I thought that much was clear," she voiced in a clear and mellow voice. "But really, it's fine now Viola, I'm fine. I'm happy as I am now." She said and carefully watched her, her gaze steady, remaining still. "And I hope you are too."
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Viola stared at Evelyn in silence for a moment. She pulled her eyebrows tightly together as she scowled. This was rather emotionally tiring. She usually found a woman, talked them into sex, and left. But this...She had to face her emotions. She had become attached to Evelyn though, and that left her in this state. "Even knowing that...I felt like I would die. Knowing that I couldn't have you." Her eyes split from Evelyn's as she lied, "Of course I'm happy. Happier than ever." She didn't mention that soon after causing World War II she practically quit at her job. Hell...She didn't even sleep with women as often anymore. No, she kept that all to herself.
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Evelyn nodded to Viola as the sun began to slip over the horizon and they were suspended in dusk. "I'm happy to hear that Viola," she gave a painful smiled but let it drop, afraid her emotions would betray here. Carefully she fiddled with the strap of her satchel, pulling and twisting the leather. "Can I ask what you're doing here anyways? Busy starting one of those wars then?" She knew they couldn't talk forever but she didn't want Viola to go. She at least wanted to talk with her a little longer, get to know what she'd been up to, to unsure that Viola was truly as happy as she said she was.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Viola's heart caught in her chest. She was practically caught in a lie. She was silent a moment as she slowly moved her gaze to Evelyn once more. "Well...uh...I haven't started a war since World War II...and Hitler was the last murderer I created..." She slowly crossed her arms across her chest, moving her gaze away. "I'm just...wandering these days...I haven't really even...done my usual bedding of women. Just one since then. And she needed it. Always working on just getting others together and thinking nothing of herself..." She glanced to Evelyn once more, "Why exactly are you here?"
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Evelyn had not expected that answer at all, she had been expecting Viola to be living it up, she knew that she hadn't done anything huge in a while but she had expected she'd be scheming and doing other sorts of things. She was only further surprised when informed she'd only slept with one woman since WWII. Even Evelyn herself had, had other relationships, none however could compare to what she had with Viola though. Yet, Viola said she was happy. "Well, I would have expected you to be up to something about now... are you sure you're doing just fine?"
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Viola stared at Evelyn, her lips pressed into a fine line. She didn't say anything for a while. What was she supposed to say? She let her mind wander, working on a response. "I...I'm just in a slump...Or I don't know..." She glanced away for a moment before looking back and raising her voice quickly, "I'm lacking any motivation, okay!?" Her face slowly turned red from embarrassment as she admitted it not just to Evelyn, but to herself. She looked rather grumpy as she crossed her arms tightly across her chest and looked away.
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Bell Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Eve watched carefully in the darkness, able to see Viola's features fairly clearly from the reflections in the waters of the stars and moon. She could help but let a small smile tug at her lips seeing Viola act so flustered about the situation. Of course she was not happy that this upset Viola, but she was happy to see this side of Viola again. Carefully she crept a bit closer, hoping most of the anger and frustration between them had dissipated.

She gently laid the palm of her hand on Viola's cheek, touching the warm tanned just barely. "That's not like you at all Viola," she said softly and sighed, letting her hand drop finally. However she remained standing where she was, watching Viola. "Maybe you need to eat something," she decided and opened her satchel again to offer her a bit of her dried meat.
Evelyn Bell
Evelyn Bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Fleur DuAva Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Viola didn't move a muscle as Evelyn moved toward her. She almost felt like moving towards Evelyn herself and meeting her partially there. She held her ground though, forcing down her feeling as she simply watched. The one thing that did surprise her was the fact that she felt the skin of Evelyn's palm against her cheek. It caused her to slowly close her eyes and tip her face into Evelyn's hand, breathing gently as she did. She barely even heard Evelyn's words she was so distracted by her touch.

It wasn't until Evelyn's hand moved away that Viola opened her eyes back up and let out a rather audible sigh as she watched the other female. She frowned some as Evelyn offered her some of the dry meat and she looked up at her face, "I'm not really hungry, thank you anyway. Besides...You should save that for yourself." She looked Evelyn up and down once before teasing some, "I don't remember you being so thin before."
Viola Fleur DuAva
Viola Fleur DuAva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Template
Face Claims